The understanding of Asset Management (AM) is vital in managing corporate assets effectively to gain maximum value, profitability and returns while safeguarding personnel, the community, and the environment. In this context, an Asset Integrity Management (AIM) program provides a backbone and incorporates design, maintenance, inspection, process, operations, and management concepts, since all these disciplines impact the integrity of infrastructure and equipment. This course begins with concepts of AM in the offshore industry (ISO 55000). It then focuses on the concepts of AIM (i.e. design, technical and operation integrity) in safeguarding of operational systems moving along with the approaches to Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Failure Mode Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Risk Based Maintenance (RBM) and Risk Based Inspection of static process equipment, maintenance planning of rotating equipment, mitigating the challenges caused by human factors, effective project management strategies and etc.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Manage assets in petroleum industry in sustainable and safe manner.
- Assess and control AIl of operational assets in production and process systems.
- Perform integrity management on topside and subsea systems.
- Realise overall asset process in a systems engineering perspective.
- Problem areas and risks presented in operational assets, understand the importance of due and diligent project management, controls and contingency planning
- Use of adaptive technologies and techniques in engineering projects.
- Engineering AM and AIM personnel
- Technical Safety personnel
- Engineers involved in maintenance and modification projects
- Inspection and maintenance analysis and planning personnel
- Project managers and project engineers
- Technical discipline responsible personnel.
ASSET INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to concept of Asset Management& Asset Integrity Management
- Asset Management Landscape process model
- The Asset Management System – Asset Management Policy – Asset Management Strategy – (Strategic) Asset Management Plans – line of sight
- Asset Management roles
DAY TWO: RISK & RISK ASSESSMENT
- Approaches Used for Asset Integrity Management
- Identification & assessment of risk
- Risk management: using the risk matrix, risk register & hazard log
- Risk on business level, system level and asset level
- Several methodologies on different levels
- Contingency planning
RISK BASED MAINTENANCE
- Deterioration: the way assets could fail
- The seven steps of Risk Based Maintenance (RBM) / Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) incl. Failure Mode Effects &Criticality Analysis
- Failure behaviour of onshore & offshore systems
- Choosing the right maintenance task
- Risk Based Inspection
- Practical application
DAY FOUR: LIFE CYCLE MANAGEMENT ASPECTS
- Life cycle of an asset
- Systems Engineering & RAMS specification
- Operational workflow
- Life time extension
- Performance measurement / KPI’s