The oil & gas industry is becoming a more critical component of the world economy. As the industry transforms itself from one of a few players in the world to many participants who rely on oil and gas production for the economics of their very existence, the world depends on oil and gas for its everyday life.
This course is for non-technical and technical people that are new to the oil & gas industry with little or no knowledge of the industry particularly in Indonesia context. It is geared to providing an understanding of how the industry works from exploration to commercialization and introduce oil and gas operations and economics to the delegates in attendance.
This program will discuss technical material in a non-technical manner, introduces the language, tools and techniques used by geologists and geophysicist in oil and gas exploration; and provides non-engineers a fundamental understanding of the practical aspects of petroleum exploration, drilling & production including basic principles and applications.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Have a good understanding of petroleum industry, particularly in Indonesia.
- Understand the exploration / production process in Oil & Gas Industry in Indonesia.
- Understand and apply petroleum engineering and operation's terminology aim to build a better and effective communications between non-technical people and the engineers and geologist they work with.
- Be familiar with the terminology associated with procedures and practices to establish an excellent communication between non technical people with and the engineers and geologist they work with.
- Understand all aspects of petroleum engineering and operation are carried out ranging from the origin of oil, petroleum exploration, drilling, hydrocarbon, productions to marketing.
- New starters in the industry
- Lawyers involved in the oil & gas industry
- Investment managers involved in the oil & gas industry
- Bankers involved in the oil & gas industry
- Accountants involved in the oil & gas industry
- Overview And Introduction
Petroleum Geology - The Origins of Hydrocarbons
- Oil industry overview – a look back and a look forward
- Geographical look at oil and gas reserves and the worldwide demand; current trends in the industry
- The oil and gas value chain – upstream, midstream and downstream – and the role each plays
- The Philosophy of exploration, drilling and production/ development
Production Sharing Contract In Indonesia
- Geological background
- The dynamic Earth : moving continents through space and time
- Rocks and minerals; The building blocks; Sedimentary basins
- Site of oil and gas accumulations Petroleum
- Exclusion of Areas
- Work Programs and Expenditures
- Rights and Obligations of the Parties
- Domestic Market Obligation (DMO)
- Recovery of Operating Costs and Handling of Production
- First Tranche Petroleum (FTP)
Basic Drilling Engineering
- Where is the oil found?
- Subsurface formation structure
- Types of oil/gas reservoirs
- Seismic surveys
- Material Balance for Various Reservoir Types
- Key Geologic Data
- Drilling history, parts and types of drilling rigs, types of wells.
- Drilling process: Drilling formations, running casing, cementing etc.
- Drilling rigs Equipment and processes involved in drilling a well
- Completing a well and preparing it for production
- Horizontal drilling
- Well workover operations
Petroleum Production and Treatment
- Onshore/offshore developments
- Shallow/deep water developments
- Gas field developments
- Aspects of well and facilities design
Maintenance and logistics
- Reservoir production mechanisms
- Artificial lift systems Well stimulation - fracturing, acidising and sand control
- Production and treatment of reservoir fluids
- Processing the production from oil and gas fields
- Well and facility maintenance
- Corrosion and how it is controlled
- Transportation of personnel and materials
Discussion & Closing
- Oil & gas transporting facilities
- Gas projects in Indonesia Natuna Sea, Sumatra and Papua
- Learning Reflection; Evaluation