This course will cover a wide range of subject matters providing you with a broad understanding of the E&P process. Applicable to new entrants to the industry, non-technical professionals, and anyone dealing directly or indirectly with the E&P industry who needs to be equipped with the essentials in the world of E&P. This course is the perfect introductory training programme for any professional needing to get to grips with the essentials of the oil and gas exploration and production industry.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Have an overview of the intricacies of the E&P business.
- Understand basic industry practices and principles and to gain an overview of the whole E&P industry technology.
- Understand the processes involved in the formation of oil and gas fields and its global distribution
- Become familiar with: E&P operators and field service companies, measurement units and most commonly used industry terms.
- Have practical knowledge of the technical aspects of hydrocarbons reserves, geology, geophysics, drilling rigs, oil and gas production, surface facilities, etc.
- Understand and analyze public domain technical articles issued by the Oil & Gas upstream industry, companies, agencies, magazines and press media in general.
- Understand the structure of the E&P business cycle and where different professionals fit in.
- Be aware of the main HSE risks and prevention procedures within the E&P industry.
- Oil & Gas companies
- Oil & Gas service companies and contractors
- Investment banks, financial institutions
- Consulting firms
- Governmental organizations
- Environmental agencies
- Other companies that require an understanding of the E&P business
HISTORY AND GEOPOLITICS OF OIL AND GAS
- 1800s to the great wars
- Post war to present
THE ROLE OF OIL AND GAS IN SOCIETY
- The nature of oil and gas
- Uses for oil and gas
- Geological time
- Rock types
- Sedimentary basins
- Plate tectonics
- Source rocks
- Traps and seals
- Drilling basics
- Casing and completing a well
- Sampling and testing
- Well information
- Well completions
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- Health considerations
- Safety considerations
- Environmental considerations