Every employee can reach higher levels of performance, including your average and best performers. What they need is a manager who can coach: someone who can routinely observe, assess, and interact in ways that develop and maximize their individual effectiveness.
This highly interactive and practical training will equip line managers, team leaders, supervisors with the necessary interpersonal, coaching and counseling skills to address poor employee performance and behavior, and improve their motivation and productivity.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Conduct performance coaching sessions with their employees whenever their work performance or behavior is not up to standard
- Conduct a performance counseling interview whenever an employee's work performance or behavior falls well below standard, or is repeatedly below standard
- Effectively use the following Performance Interviewing Skills
- Close the gaps between current and desired performance and outcomes
- Assist and challenge your best performers to greater levels of success
- Integrate coaching seamlessly into daily interaction with your people
All professionals including managers and team leaders who want to improve results and get higher performance from their team.
The Manager as A Coach and Mentor
- What is coaching?
- Why is coaching so important?
- Making the transition from Manager to Coach.
- Qualities and attributes of a good Coach.
- Develop the Coaching Model.
- What does coaching achieve?
- Select the appropriate coaching style.
- Arranging a coaching session.
- Use the “GROW” model.
- Making appropriate attitude adjustments.
- Coaching the subconscious mind.
- Develop appreciation within and without.
- Creating personal empowerment.
The Coaching / Motivation Process and Skills
- The importance of handling change
- Understanding the significance of personal and team motivation.
- Setting action orientated performance goals
- Working your own goal setting strategy.
- Developing efficient Time management.
- The importance of essential Listening skills.
- Improving your ability to make decisions.
Coaching Employees for Maximum Performance
- Creating a team vision
- Giving effective positive and negative feedback
- Choose the right words for more constructive criticism
- Gain their commitment to improve
- 5 step coaching plan
Counseling Employees to Improve Performance
- Using performance appraisals to drive improvement
- Using constructive versus destructive communication
- Issuing and documenting formal and informal verbal warnings
- A 5 step counseling plan
- Legally safe written warning documentation
- Progressive disciplinary guidelines