A contract is always drawn up by various agreements that are fraught with risks in it. The analysis of the key contract terms and real life example of programs might show how to manage risk and to ensure effective contract negotiation and performance of contracts happen quickly and efficiently. By doing so, the need for a training that was developed to understand and manage the risks tersbut so as not to cause problems in the future. Business and competitive advantage to manage contracts effectively produce significant benefits. Failure to understand the risks related items in the contract may result in lost opportunities and costly disputes. This program is a practical guide to contract for bisnis.Training will focus on the things that often fail and how to maximize the value of the contract. This seminar will give participants an understanding of the procedures and practices relating to the risks inherent in the establishment and management of contracts.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Create the effective law and structure of the contract
- Focus on making the main contracts clauses
- Securing the performance of obligations of one of the parties to the contract.
- Explain key contract provisions and provide instruction on how to manage contract risk effectively
- Interpret essential contract clauses and understand the specific terms and conditions.
- Develop your ability to negotiate an effective contract to protect your corporation’s interests
- Marketing and sales staff
- Management Professionals
- Other employees in corporate or governmental organisations who have a responsibility for drafting, negotiating, or approving contracts
- Professionals such as legal and financial staff
HOW CONTRACTS ARE CREATED
- The benefits of understanding contracts
- The pitfalls of getting it wrong
- Controlling the contract process - The deal and the negotiation
- Contract Formation
- Offer and Acceptance
- Battle of the forms
- Consideration and Intention
- Does a contract have to be written?
- Pre-contractual issues and documents
- Due diligence, permits, and financial stability
- When are you committed?
CONTROLLING THE CONTRACTING PROCESS
- Auctions, Bids and Tenders
- Invitations to Tender and Treat
- Heads of Terms and Letters of Intent
- Bonds and Guarantees
- Standby Letters of Credit
- Contractual structures
- Incorporating standard terms of business
- Subcontracts and Warranties
KEY CONTRACT CLAUSES
- Pre-contracts and post contract “qualification phrases”
- Delivery, Ownership and Risk