Successful leaders and manager are individuals who practice both strong management skills and effective leadership skills. Leadership skills are not the same as management skills. Strong management skills can be gained through experience and practice. Leadership skills can be learned and leadership qualities can be developed.
This program will help participants to develop new leadership skills to complement those to be successful a managers. The program focuses on leadership and management competencies required for project managers to manage their teams effectively and deliver projects successfully.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Mastering of implementing project management methodologies
- Leveraging advancement in technologies as applied in useful project management
- Optimize the the collaboration tools and techniques
- Achieving their strategic goals to improve their project success rates
The program is appointed supervisors or group leaders; employees, promoted from the ranks to leadership roles, who have yet to receive “people skills” training; accomplished employees earmarked for leadership.
The Essential of Leadership: Vision, Influence & Character
Developing a Leader
- Individual Leadership Development
- Leadership Styles and Agility
- The Mindset of a Leader
- The Leadership Values
- Top Leadership Behaviours
Interpersonal Leadership Skill
- Active Listening
- Aggressive, Passive , Assertive-ness
- Developing Empathic Attunement
- Engaging in Collaborative Behaviours
- Coaching for Better Performance
Organizational Leadership Management
- Managing Change within the Organisation
- Impacting Organizational Culture
- Enhancing Leadership Influence
- Being An Enabling Leader
- Developing Organizational Commitment and Meaning
The Leader’s Network
- Stakeholder Relations
- The Network Weaver Roles
- Network Management
- Network Growth Indicators
- The Principles of Public Engagement
The Management Essentials: Effectively Communicate, Delegate & Manage Priorities to Achieve Management Success
The Foundations of Management
- Understanding the ‘big picture’ of the working environment
- Making the transition into management: new skills, fears and expectations
- What Managers Do? Key competencies and behaviours
- Personality and impact on management style
- Identifying your management style
- The mistakes new managers make and how to avoid them
- A focus on Continuous Improvement
- The role of performance management in organisations
- Communicating team purpose and clarifying personal contributions
- Establishing SMART objectives and measure them
- Planning, prepare and conducting successful performance reviews
- Management behaviour and outcomes
Motivating and Engaging your People
- Building trust: a critical in managing effectively
- How to give feedback: a tool for development and progression
- Handling difficult conversations
- Coaching for personal and team success
- Communication skills for coaching and management
- How to Motivate and your people
Managing Priorities and Delegating Deliverables
- What are my key deliverables?
- Managing Time Effectively
- Delegate to motivate
- Communicating with impact
- Personal management SWOT analysis
- Action planning for future improvement
TEACHING AND LEARNING PROCESS
- Interactive workshops.
- Practical on-the-job application.
- Reflections Online resources and activities
The Essential Leadership and Management Skills is designed to help participants define the differences and the commonalities between project management and leadership. Participant will learn about;
- Practicing leadership skills in managing projects, including interpersonal communication skills, negotiation skills, influencing skills, and team building.
- Managing team to motivate and inspire.
- Transforming the individuals to be successful project managers and effective leaders.
Practice & Simulation of Leadership and Management Skills
Post Test; Lesson Learned and Evaluation
Commitment and Action Plan