Business today is always looking for ways to improve its bottom line and individuals looking to save money. A business frequently needs to influence the behaviour and decision making of peers, reports and superiors as well as take part in more formal negotiations. Becoming more aware of the impact a business has on others as well as understanding what drives counterpart’s opinion and position is vital in order to become proficient in influencing and negotiating.
This program provides participants to find out how to prepare, to negotiate, and to influence effectively. Optimizing the use of a simple structure to present a compelling and engaging ways.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an increased understanding and awareness of what negotiation and influencing is
- Identify through group and individual activities the skills knowledge and understanding necessary to be an effective negotiator whilst developing your own negotiating skills
- Understand the skills required to Influence effectively to bring people around to your way of thinking
- Develop general strategies for Successful Negotiation and influencing
- Produce win-win resolutions for all parties
- Identify your own negotiation and influencing style and it’s potential strengths and weaknesses
The program is designed for individuals who would benefit from an enhanced ability to persuade and influence in the workplace. This course covers a wide range of topics such as negotiation strategy, psychological tactics, human emotional states, bargaining which prepares delegates for a variety of situations that require negotiation.
What is Negotiation and Influencing?
- An introduction to what negotiation and influencing is and the main differences between them.
Preparing to Negotiate and Influence
- What to do before you go into a negotiation
- Determining your walk away point
- Understanding the best approach for the people you will be negotiating with
- Preparations required to Influence
Making Your Proposal
- How to structure your proposal to ensure you sell the benefits
- How to counter proposals from the other party
- Body language and tone of voice when negotiating
- How to bring people around to your way of thinking
- Getting to an agreement that satisfies both parties
- Being assertive during the process
- What to consider when making concessions on your part to get an agreement
- How to counteract arguments
- How to get to a closing point
- How to close the negotiation and ensure the relationship stays in tact
- How to walk away
Being a Mediator
- Using the learning from the session to deal with conflict and act as a mediator.
TEACHING AND LEARNING PROCESS
- Interactive workshops.
- Practical on-the-job application.
- Reflections Online resources and activities
Practice & Simulation of Change Management
Post Test; Lesson Learned and Evaluation
Commitment and Action Plan