One goal in this program is to provide engineers, geologist, economist, planner, and managers with a solid foundation in the dynamic and growing field of capital investment evaluation with emphasis on the uncertainty aspect. It describes how investment decision are currently made under different stages of uncertainty and prescribes techniques for making rational decisions. This program describes the philosophy, process, and methods of capital investment evaluation and risk decision analysis.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Explain the ever-expanding role of economics in prudent capital investment decision-making.
- Assist participants in developing a knowledgeable vocabulary of the terms associated with economic analysis.
- Review the procedures used in preparing capital investment evaluations and decision analysis.
- Present ways of interpreting estimates that include uncertainty.
- Provide solid hands-on experience with capital investment evaluation and risk decision analysis.
This program is literally designed for oil and gas personnel who wants and eager to explore how oil and gas company for an exploration program, or development of a prospect evaluating a workover or stimulation treatment and a single infill well,
- Commercial Manager
- Project Engineer
- Facilities Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, and Pipeline Engineer
- Production/Operation Engineer, Production Superintendent, Production Supervisor
- Oil and Gas Development
- Why we need project economics
- Who are project economics and users
- What are their expectations
- Indonesia PSC mechanism
- Fiscal system of PSC
- PSC cost recovery vs Gross Split Revenue flow diagram
- PSC commercial elements
- Discounted Cash Flow Model
- Sensitivity Analysis
Risk & Decision Analysis
- Why bother with risk analysis
- Deterministic vs Probabilistic Model
- Expected Monetary Value
- Decision Tree Analysis
TEACHING AND LEARNING PROCESS
- Interactive workshops.
- Practical on-the-job application.
- Reflections Online resources and activities
Practice & Simulation of Applied Project Economics & Risk Decision Analysis
Post Test; Lesson Learned and Evaluation
Commitment and Action Plan