Thist trainingwill provide participants with a framework for communicating more effectively by understanding other people’s points of view, and by customizing our messages to reach them effectively. The course will illustrate how voice tones, body language, and other factors affect an individual’s interpretation of the words we chose when communicating. Through a combination of lectures and interactive exercises, participants will learn how values and beliefs impact the way to absorb and store information, and how to direct their communication towards the mental and emotional language of others to allow the real message and intent to be fully understood, thus helping us achieve our desired outcomes.
- Recognised different styles of communication and how to improve understanding and build rapport with others.
- Reflected on different methods of communication and decided when each is most suitable.
- Appreciated the role of body language and voice tone in effective communication.
- Communicated their message in an effective and engaging way for the recipient.
The course provides communication skills training for individuals wishing to develop their interpersonal skills and build rapport with others in the workplace. The training covers effective communication strategies to enhance understanding and verbal communication with others.
Critical Elements of Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills that promote success with coworkers
- Barriers to the effective use of interpersonal and communication skills
- How to blend and communicate with different styles
Using Listening and Feedback Skills to Build Work Relationships
- Identifying personal listening liabilities and strategies for improvement
- Achieving productive and satisfying work relationships with peers, your manager and others
- Strategies for constructive performance feedback
- Knowing what motivates others to achieve
Listening and Responding to Others
- Five levels of active listening
- Learn the powerful listening tool—empathy
- Asking Questions—the Gateway to Open Thinking
Differences Between How You Manage Tasks as Opposed to Relationships
- Demonstrate the difference between technical and nontechnical professionals
Assertiveness and Interpersonal Skills
- The behaviors of assertiveness
- Assertive communication model for giving effective criticism
- The differences between informing and directing messages
Managing and Responding to Conflict
- The characteristics of conflict
- Apply the methods of managing conflict
- Motivates Others to Achieve High Levels of Performance and Effectiveness
- Basic Principles of Building and Sustaining Cooperative and Productive Work Relationships
Being a Team Player
- Various Roles Necessary to Have a Productive and Satisfying Team Interaction
- The stage of Team Development
- Interpersonal Skills in a Team Process
Setting a Plan for Continued Interpersonal Skills Growth
- Develop an Achievable Interpersonal Skills Development Plan