This course provides a training which includes understanding of the basic Risk Management terminologies and on how the Bow-Tie methodology is used when doing Risk Assessment. The BOWTIE is a risk evaluation method that can be used to analyze and demonstrate causal relationships in high risk scenarios. The method takes its name from the shape of the diagram that you create, which looks like a men’s bowtie.
Bow-Tie technique is used for analyzing hazard scenarios, identify existing barriers or controls, identify escalating hazards and managing the risk effectively. Using visual diagram, Bow-Tie technique is an excellent tool for communication in every level of workforce in an organization. The participants will learn the Bow-Tie methodology as well as gain hands-on experience through Bow-Tie workshop.
· Analyze hazard scenarios by applying the bowtie method and designing a bowtie diagram
· Develop integrity assurance for bowtie barriers, eg in terms of HSE-critical tasks and/or HSE critical systems
· Devise risk acceptance criteria for hazards in bowtie
· Learn to conduct qualitative risk assessments using Bow-Tie Methodology
· Learn to use Bow-Tie method as an alternative to other practiced compliance methods
· Hand-on experience through Bow-Tie workshop