The strategic management plan is about getting from Point A to Point B more effectively, efficiently, and enjoying the journey and learning from it. Part of that journey is the strategy and part of its execution.
This program will help participants identify principle development in the study and practice of strategic planning and management. Participants will develop strategic planning and management competency and use various strategic tools to assess an organization’s environment, and formulate strategies to improve organizational performance.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Leading and facilitating all phases and tasks of effective strategic planning and management
- Acquiring a fundamental grounding in principal developments in the study and practice of strategic management
- Thinking strategically and screening opportunities that best match the core competencies of the organization to deliver customer value
- Aligning teams and individuals behind a common vision, strategy and strategic plan
- Ensuring strategic priorities are aligned to strategy and designed to drive the right outcomes
- Bridging the gap between strategy and execution via clear accountabilities, timely communications, effective measures and creating line of sight to strategy
- Leveraging an agile performance management system to guide effective decision-making
- Cultivating a strategy focused organization to ensure governance drives strategy and strategy drives budgeting
This program is prepared those who currently manage or lead strategic planning and implementation along with those desiring to develop skills to take on more responsibilities tied to strategy management.
- Professionals charged with leading, managing or having responsibilities linked to development and implementation of strategy
- Owners and senior executives who see the need for more effective strategic management processes in their organization
- Professionals building a pathway to professional certification and career opportunities in strategic planning and management
- Project management professionals seeking to bridge the gap in strategy execution
- Strategic management consultants
- University level business management degree students, both graduates and declared undergraduates, wanting to further define their value to potential employers
Fundamental of Strategic Planning
- Components of strategy
- Discovering why strategies fail
- Clarifying your organisation's mission, vision and core competencies
The benefits of strategic planning
- The need for strategic planning
- Assessing tools and processes for strategic planning
Developing the Strategy
Ensuring organisational capabilities are appropriate for the strategic environment
- Analysing how competitive and other environmental factors shape strategy
- Determining the impact of operating and remote environments
- Assessing the external environment for individual departments
- Identifying your customers and their needs
Assessing external forces
- Analysing your operating and external environment
- Initiating a SWOT analysis
- Prioritising opportunities and threats
- Categorising the external environment with checklists
Auditing internal capabilities
- Identifying strengths by business function
- Recognising vulnerabilities
- Expanding the SWOT analysis
Executing the Strategy for Success
Managing stakeholder expectations
- Establishing effective communication mechanisms
- Aligning culture to strategic direction
- Linking rewards to performance
- Managing the inevitable change
Maximising results with applied processes
- Connecting people to the execution of strategy
- Establishing and maintaining communications
- Designing effective information systems
- Organising to execute in line with strategy
TEACHING AND LEARNING PROCESS
- Interactive workshops.
- Practical on-the-job application.
- Reflections Online resources and activities
Mastering Strategic Planning is designed to help participants
- Define the key components of strategic planning.
- Explain the structure of strategic planning.
- Initiate the strategic planning process within their organization.
- Articulate a mission and vision.
- Conduct an environmental assessment.
- Explain the differences between strategies, goals and objectives.
Practice & Simulation of Mastering Strategic Planning
Post Test; Lesson Learned and Evaluation
Commitment and Action Plan