Coaching and mentoring is an increasingly critical aspect of the leader’s role. As the trend towards blended learning for staff accelerates, managers are required to take a greater role in the informal side of learning, most commonly in the form of on-the-job coaching and mentoring.
This program focuses on providing leaders with the skills to mentor and coach team members for the purpose of improving performance, acquiring skills, changing behaviour and assisting in their career development.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Proactively seeks out coaching opportunities with peers and less experienced colleagues;
- Uses different coaching approaches and tools with different coachees to get the best results;
- Handles coaching conversations with confidence and ease;
- Leaves coachees feeling both educated and motivated
Supervisors, team leaders, technical professional who want to improve their coaching mindset and process to grow themselves and others around them, creating higher engagement, trust, innovation, and effectiveness.
- Concepts which underpin successful coaching
- Coaching strategy to drive performances
- Coaching techniques
- Coaching learning models
- Coaching learning options
- The coaching attitudes
The Coaching Process & Strategy
- Reflective practice and introduction to Boud’s Reflective Model
- Personal Learning Journal
- The coaching relationship
- Developing sensory acuity
- Know-how exercise to leverage motivation to change
- Powerful language and presupposing success
- Values and Peak Experience exercise
- Working with volunteer clients and contracting
The Coaching Approaches
- The role of positive psychology in coaching
- What does and doesn’t drive well-being
- Goal setting Intrinsic and extrinsic goals
- Approach vs avoidance goals
- Taking a strengths based approach
- Well-formed outcomes
TEACHING AND LEARNING PROCESS
- Interactive workshops.
- Practical on-the-job application.
- Reflections Online resources and activities
Leader as a coach is designed to help participants catalyze learning, contribution, and excellence in themselves and others. Participants will walk away with;
- Fundamental of mastery of coaching skills at both intra- and interpersonal level
- Equipped to become growth agents in their organizations
- influencing and transforming the system they lead, both through formal and informal authority
Practice & Simulation of Coaching
Post Test; Lesson Learned and Evaluation
Commitment and Action Plan